LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
- Action Alert: Call legislative energy committees; hearings imminent »
- Stop Congress from giving “fast track” authority to the President. The secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership that fast track would allow is bad for ag and for U.S. workers »
- Protect the Beartooth Front from irresponsible oil & gas drilling »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
Make Big Oil
Toe the Line
Donate today to our Indiegogo fundraiser to protect Montana’s land, air, water, and communities from extreme oil development. Show Goliath that David’s slingshot is mighty. You are needed to win protections in the 2015 Montana Legislature and make sure...read more »
- Guest editorial: Common-sense energy policy benefits farmers, ranchers – The Prairie Star, Jan. 23, 2015 »
- Letter: Net metering: Expansion will allow job growth – Missoulian, Jan. 26, 2015 »
- TransCanada files eminent domain petitions against holdout landowners opposing Keystone XL pipeline – Omaha World-Herald, Jan. 20, 2015 »
- Glendive oil spill cleanup continues; drinking water advisory in effect – Montana Public Radio, Jan. 20, 2015 »
- Yellowstone River oil spill aroma in the air – Public News Service, Jan. 20, 2015 »
- Seminar to address mineral rights – Great Falls Tribune, Jan. 20, 2016 »
- Legislation creates energy options for homes, farms, businesses – Public News Service, Jan. 20, 2015 »
- Press release: Glendive oil spill sparks concern for Keystone XL pipeline safety – Jan. 19, 2015 »