AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place when family farms and ranches are thriving
Helen and Gordy Waller on their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Air quality, groundwater and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Methane flare in the Bakken oil field.
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
LEGISLATURE: Our members take an active role in legislation important to Northern Plains
Montana Legislature hearing in the Senate Chambers.
"Do unto those downstream as you would have those upstream do unto you."
Montana's Tongue River
- Wendell Berry
- Ask Montana legislators for 25% renewable energy (wind,solar, energy efficiency) by 2025. Comments due Sept. 8 »
- Comment on new EPA rules on carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants by Oct. 16 »
- Stop Congress from giving “fast track” authority to the President. The secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership that fast track would allow is bad for ag and U.S. for workers »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
Ed Gulick is Past Chair of Northern Plains Resource Council and Yellowstone Valley Citizens Council: Regarding his letter of June 26, I respectfully suggest that Phillip Boggio use a less ad hoc method to learn about global warming...read more »
- Advocates line up to discuss EPA clean air rules – Associated Press, July 29, 2014 »
- Letter: Tongue River Railroad: Delay is good news for Montana – Missoulian, July 27, 2014 »
- Reclaiming the land: One rancher’s struggle to regain vital grazing land from coal mining – Casper Star-Tribune, July 26, 2014 »
- Press release: Montana rancher to testify at EPA air pollution hearing in Denver, July 28, 2014 »