LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
- Tell the Montana Board of Oil and Gas that rural Montana dwellings need setbacks from oil and gas wells. Currently, there are no "buffer zone" requirements. Deadline July 31 »
- Comment to the Surface Transportation Board on the draft EIS for the proposed coal-hauling Tongue River Railroad by Aug. 24 »
Just Say No to Coal-to-Asia Railroad
The federal Surface Transportation Board has begun a public comment period on its just-released draft Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed Tongue River Railroad. The railroad would be...read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Board urged to adopt buffers between homes, oil drilling – Associated Press, June 25, 2015 »
- Press release: Special session held on setback requirements at Board of Oil and Gas Conservation – June 24, 2015 »
- Press release: Congress passes bad Fast Track to the President – June 24, 2015 »
- Pope Francis, in sweeping encyclical, calls for swift action on climate change – New York Times, June 18, 2015 »
- Helena citizens sound off on Tongue River Railroad – Helena Independent Record, June 17, 2015 »