LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
Wild & Scenic Film Festivals
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival is coming to Helena, Billings, and Gardiner in September. Sleeping Giant Citizens Council, Northern Plains, and Bear Creek Council, will present 12...read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Totem aims at coal – Last Best News/Billings Outpost, Sept. 3, 2015 »
- Guest opinion: Treaty trumps coal export terminal – Great Falls Tribune, Sept. 3, 2015 »
- Guest opinion: Montana government sides with oil drillers over landowners – Billings Gazette, Aug. 25, 2015 »
- Letter: Clean Power Plan based on American values – Billings Gazette, Aug. 23, 2014 »
- Guest editorial – Former Montana official: Coal companies must pay their fair share – High Country News, Aug. 13, 2015 »