LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
When U.S. Rep. Steve Daines and Sens. John Walsh and Jon Tester were celebrating the public lands package they sneaked into a defense bill, I wonder if they thought about the landowners and taxpayers they threw under the...read more »
- Obama hits Keystone again but declines to threaten veto – Policito, Dec. 19, 2014 »
- U.S. plans to shut royalty loophole on coal exports – Reuters, Dec. 19, 2014 »
- Carbon County approves citizen initiated zone to check oil/gas development – Carbon County News, Dec. 18, 2014 »
- Press release: Carbon County approves zone to protect landowners from unchecked oil and gas development, Dec. 15, 2014 »
- Letter: Not labeling GMO foods is a mistake – Billings Gazette, Dec. 14, 2014 »
- Letter: Arguments against renewables don’t hold water – Billings Gazette, Dec. 14, 2014 »
- Wind and solar are much less financially risky than other power projects – Grist, Dec. 11, 2014 »
- Letter: Keystone XL pipeline’s benefits do not outweigh the costs of seizing private property – Billings Gazette, Dec. 7, 2014 »