LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
Over four weeks in January-February 2015, we informally polled the opinions of Montana energy consumers. A total of 368 Montanans from across the state responded to our short six-question survey, which was promoted via Facebook. What did we...read more »
- Press release: Survey of NorthWestern Energy customers finds Montanans support renewable energy, Feb. 26, 2015 »
- Too many broken pipelines: Fort Peck Reservation passes resolution opposing Keystone XL through Montana – Indian Country Today, Feb. 24, 2015 »
- Letter: Utility’s argument against net metering doesn’t hold up – Billings Gazette, Feb. 24, 2015 »
- Press release: Northern Plains welcomes Obama Keystone XL veto, protection of property rights – Feb. 24, 2015 »
- AP Exclusive: Fuel-hauling trains could derail at 10 a year – Associated Press, Feb. 22, 2015 »
- Guest editorial: NorthWestern Energy protects monopoly status – Billings Gazette, Feb. 12, 2015 »
- Letter: Net metering changes would help small businesses – Billings Gazette, Feb. 9, 2015 »
- From bad to worse for U.S. coal companies – Climate Spectator, Feb. 9, 2015 »