AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
It appears that a handful of Montana state legislators have been traveling to Washington state to show support for the proposed coal export terminal in Longview. Let’s make something clear—while these politicians can say whatever they want as individuals, they don’t speak for the State of Montana.
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Press statement: Tongue River rancher responds to coal railroad suspension – Nov. 25, 2015 »
- Plans for coal-hauling railroad on hold – Associated Press, Nov. 25, 2015 »
- Guest column: It’s past time to value the future – Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Nov 18, 2015 »
- Letter: Montana should adopt EPA methane rule – Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Nov. 20, 2015 »
- Soil leads CO2 fight – Billings Outpost, Nov. 19, 2015 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >