LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
Building Our Local Economy with Montana Food
Join us for a talk by preeminent farm and food system analyst Ken Meter, an economics professor at Harvard University. The event is hosted by Northern Plains Resource Council...read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Guest editorial: Our future is in the sun, wind, grass — not coal – Montana Standard, March 24, 2015 »
- Letter: Ending oil tax holiday could pay for infrastructure – Billings Gazette, March 23, 2015 »
- Letter: Trans-Pacific Partnership should be killed – Billings Gazette, March 22, 2015 »
- Department of Interior issues new rules for fracking on public lands – Huffington Post, March 23, 2015 »
- Montana regulators say Otter Creek coal mine proposal can’t proceed without more information from Arch Coal – Associated Press, March 20, 2015 »
- Local food expert to speak in Billings – Billings Gazette, March 20, 2015 »
- Letter: Oil, gas taxes: Make industry pay fair share – Missoulian, March 15, 2015 »
- Letter: Confirm Peggy Ames-Nerud to state oil & gas board – Billings Gazette, March 11, 2015 »