LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
Government subsidies to the fossil fuel industry are many. Recently, the Legislature decided to hand more taxpayer money to corporations by passing a bill to turn Montana’s Department...read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- A battle royale over Montana coal royalties – Billings Gazette, May 1, 2015 »
- Guest opinion: Montanans lose when coal companies game tax system – Billings Gazette, April 25, 2015 »
- Letter: Legislature favors bills that would harm water quality – Billings Gazette, April 24, 2015 »
- Guest opinion: SB 325 veto needed to protect Montana’s irrigated agriculture – Billing Gazette, April 21, 2015 »
- Ag finding pulse here – Billings Outpost, April 16, 2015 »
- Letter: SB325 is a salty mess that deserves veto – Billings Gazette, April 20, 2015 »
- Press release: Draft Tongue River Railroad study released – April 17, 2015 »
- Letter: SB 325 threatens Montana water quality standards – Billings Gazette, April 16, 2015 »