Click Here for tickets to an evening of inspiring and engaging films Oct. 23rd at the Myrna Loy Center for the Performing Arts.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy. CLICK HERE TO WIN SOME COAL HARD CASH
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
"Do unto those downstream as you would have those upstream do unto you."
Montana's Tongue River
- Wendell Berry
- Ask Montana legislators for 25% renewable energy (wind,solar, energy efficiency) by 2025. Comments due Sept. 8 »
- Comment on new EPA rules on carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants by Oct. 16 »
- Stop Congress from giving “fast track” authority to the President. The secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership that fast track would allow is bad for ag and for U.S. workers »
- Protect the Beartooth Front from irresponsible oil & gas drilling »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
The Wild and Scenic Film Festival is coming to Helena! Please join us Thursday, October 23rd at the Myrna Loy Center for the Performing Arts for an evening of engaging and inspiring short films. Doors open at 6,...read more »
- Fracking workers exposed to dangerous amounts of benzene – Billings Gazette, Sept. 12, 2014 »
- STB orders Tongue River Railroad backers to reveal more coal market information – SNL Sept. 10, 2014 »
- Press Release: Northern Plains Granted Access to TRR Financial Information, Sept. 10, 2014 »
- Letter: Oil-water balance is crucial for future – Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Sept. 2, 2014 »
- Press release: Resource group seeks transparency from Board of Oil and Gas – Aug. 26, 2014 »
- Totem created by Lummi tribe passes through Billings – Billings Gazette, Aug. 25, 2014 »
- Questions swirl around company touting new refinery – Last Best News, Aug. 20, 2014 »
- Gazette opinion: Do something about the rail traffic and our traffic – Billings Gazette, Aug. 20, 2014 »