LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
- RSVP for the lunch, or come to the rally and BLM listening session Aug. 11 in Billings on federal coal leasing reform »
- Attend the Board of Oil & Gas (2535 St. Johns, Billings) meeting at 2 p.m. Aug. 12 to encourage it to create oil & gas buffer zones in Montana »
- Comment to the Surface Transportation Board on the draft EIS for the proposed coal-hauling Tongue River Railroad by Aug. 24 »
Let the Bidding Begin
You can help protect Montana's scenic Tongue River Valley from devastating coal development. Your bid will help safeguard the Montana we love...read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Showdown over coal mine expansion set for Billings Federal Court – KTVQ TV, July 30, 2015 »
- Press release: Citizen groups argue for public participation and reclamation review of coal mine expansion – July 29, 2015 »
- Billings Gazette editorial: What’s in your food? An anti-labeling bill by another name – July 28, 2015 »
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle editorial: Local officials need to plan for oil train danger – July 26, 2015 »
- Letter: Make your voice heard on MDU rate request – Billings Gazette, July 26, 2015 »