WILD & SCENIC FILM FESTIVAL: Join us Sept. 12 at the Babcock for an evening of inspiring and engaging films. CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy. CLICK HERE TO WIN SOME COAL HARD CASH
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
LEGISLATURE: Our members take an active role in legislation important to Northern Plains
Montana Legislature hearing in the Senate Chambers.
"Do unto those downstream as you would have those upstream do unto you."
Montana's Tongue River
- Wendell Berry
- Ask Montana legislators for 25% renewable energy (wind,solar, energy efficiency) by 2025. Comments due Sept. 8 »
- Comment on new EPA rules on carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants by Oct. 16 »
- Stop Congress from giving “fast track” authority to the President. The secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership that fast track would allow is bad for ag and for U.S. workers »
- Protect the Beartooth Front from irresponsible oil & gas drilling »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
Sept. 12, 2014, 7 p.m., doors open at 6, Babcock Theatre, Billings, $10 at door, $8 advance. Order tickets online. Short films, microbrewsread more »
- Press release: Resource group seeks transparency from Board of Oil and Gas – Aug. 26, 2014 »
- Totem created by Lummi tribe passes through Billings – Billings Gazette, Aug. 25, 2014 »
- Questions swirl around company touting new refinery – Last Best News, Aug. 20, 2014 »
- Gazette opinion: Do something about the rail traffic and our traffic – Billings Gazette, Aug. 20, 2014 »
- Neighbors petition Carbon County commission for zoning near Belfry well – Billings Gazette, Aug. 20, 2014 »
- 5 things you should know about Oregon’s coal terminal permit rejection – Oregonian, Aug. 19, 2014 »
- Press release: Lummi totem pole journey stopping in Billings on Sunday, Aug. 24 »
- Big Coal’s plans for Pacific Northwest take major hit – Huffington Post, Aug. 19, 2014 »