LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
- LEAD ACTION: Comment on new EPA rules on carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants by Dec. 1 »
- Stop Congress from giving “fast track” authority to the President. The secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership that fast track would allow is bad for ag and for U.S. workers »
- Protect the Beartooth Front from irresponsible oil & gas drilling »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
We are members of Montana’s rural electric co-ops. We live in rural areas of Montana and feel first-hand the impacts of climate change, from decreased stream flows, earlier snowmelt, drought and increasing soil aridity to extreme heat, hail,...read more »
- Supreme Court takes up Montana coal tax dispute – Associated Press, November 25, 2014 »
- Audio: Montana co-op members want energy diversity – Public News Service, Nov. 25, 2014 »
- Solar and wind energy start to win on price vs. conventional fuels – New York Times, Nov. 23, 2014 »
- At-risk wells near oil fields tested – Great Falls Tribune, Nov. 21, 2014 »
- Audio: Report: ‘let it go’ should be a no-no for natural gas in Montana – Public News Service, Nov. 21, 2014 »
- Press release: Fracking-foe activist fires up Northern Plains members »
- Report: U.S. has too much coal export capacity – Portland Business Journal, Nov. 19, 2014 »
- Press release: New report looks at natural gas flaring boom, Nov. 19, 2014 »