LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
Just Say No to Coal-to-Asia Railroad
The federal Surface Transportation Board has begun a public comment period on its just-released draft Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed Tongue River Railroad. The railroad would be...read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Better than dirt: Regenerating our soil benefits plants, animals and the Earth – Billings Gazette, May 23, 2015 »
- Guest editoral – WTO ruling against pro-consumer Country-of-Origin-Labeling (COOL) undercuts President’s fast-track trade authority »
- Letter: Tongue River Railroad is unnecessary – Helena Independent Record, May 21, 2015 »
- Gazette opinion: Where’s the beef from? WTO doesn’t want you to know – Billings Gazette, May 20, 2015 »
- Letter: Coal companies are getting their product for a song – Billings Gazette, May 17, 2015 »
- Letter: Cottage foods law will help entrepreneurs, economy – Billings Gazette, May 14, 2015 »
- Nicole Masters soil seminar May 23 – The Prairie Star »
- Letter: Trade treaties erode our freedoms – Billings Gazette, May 10, 2015 »