AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
The legislature and Gov. Bullock need to reject Senate Bill 235. It’s bad public policy and encourages economic speculation at the expense of Montana landowners.
The bill could indefinitely extend leases for taxpayer-owned minerals to coal companies who haven’t broken ground for a decade.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Montana tribes fight Keystone XL pipeline, revived by Trump – Rolling Stone, April 19, 2017 »
- Saving seed: Seed Bill reaches Montana governor’s desk – The Prairie Star, April 10, 2017 »
- Letter: Urge legislators to support PACE – Missoulian, April 9, 2017 »
- Letter: Protect taxpayers from speculators – Billings Gazette, April 9, 2017 »
- Letter: Seed bill strips away local control – Billings Gazette, April 8, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >