AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
In direct contradiction to Montana values, the state Senate passed a bill last week that will completely eliminate local control over one of our most valuable natural resources: seed.
Senate Bill 155, sponsored by Sen. Mike Lang, R-Malta, takes away the rights of farming communities with sweeping language that preempts local decision-making power. It’s an unnecessary corporate solution in search of a problem, and should be soundly rejected by the Legislature and Gov. Steve Bullock.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Letter: Killing stream rule hurt ranchers – Billings Gazette, March 14, 2017 »
- Letter: Oppose exemption for multiple wells – Billings Gazette, March 12, 2017 »
- Guest opinion: PACE can power up Montana economy – Billings Gazette, March 11, 2017 »
- Letter: Daines wrong to oppose Stream Protection Rule – Billings Gazette, March 9, 2017 »
- Letter: Urge legislators to support PACE bill – Missoulian, March 8, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >