AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Upcoming EventsNo upcoming events
Plains Speaking Blog
And it is that dogged willingness to keep showing up, day after day, and to continue to take action, that makes the difference. Politicians come and go, projects and their corporate financiers come and go, regulators and regulations come and go; but we’re still here, fighting to protect, promote, and advance our home.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Environmentalists brace for Trump rules for fossil fuels – Billings Gazette, Dec. 2, 2016 »
- Letter: Is PACE the future for Montana families? – Nov. 26, 2016, Bozeman Daily Chronicle »
- Press release: Cattle grazing a necessary part of ecosystem, says keynote speaker – Nov. 21, 2016 »
- U.S. moves to block mining near Yellowstone Park – Associated Press, Nov. 21, 2016 »
- Want a tasty steak? Demand well-raised cattle, speaker urges – Billings Gazette, Nov. 20, 2016 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >