AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
- Comment on Department of the Interior federal coal leasing reforms by July 28 »
- Buy local! Take the Montana Local Food Challenge all of July »
- Tell the Montana congressional delegation to say NO to the destructive Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal by signing this petition »
- Local Foods = Local Prosperity. Complete our local food hub survey and win prizes! »
Plains Speaking Blog
As a part of this month’s Montana Local Food Challenge, this week’s blog features an interview with Adam Paccione, who co-owns Red Tractor Pizza with Tiffany Lach (see Tiffany’s interview). Red Tractor is a sponsor of the Challenge. Be sure to check them out the next time you’re in Bozeman.
Where are you from, what brought you to Montana? What got you interested in working in food service? What was your first restaurant experience like?
I’m from Massena, New York, a little town about an hour north of the Adirondacks. I spent six years in Burlington, Vermont, before I made my way west. I was looking for a ski town in the Rockies. A friend brought up Bozeman during a conversation. I looked into it a bit … three months later, sight unseen and not a friend in sight, I started to drive west!read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Letter: Montana needs new oil, gas waste rules – July 24, 2016 »
- Letter: Climate changes bigger threat than terrorism – Billings Gazette, July 23, 2016 »
- Carbon County requires distance between oil wells, homes – Billings Gazette, July 7, 2016 »
- Press release: Carbon County approves countywide landowner protections from oil and gas development – July 18, 2016 »
- Rhythms by the River is July 23 with Wally McRae, Stephanie Davis – Billings Gazette »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >