AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
The message was very clear – no one at the USDA’s Animal Disease Traceability (ADT) Meeting in Billings on May 24 thought that adding feeder calves to the identification requirements was a good idea.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Report: Carbon capture and sequestration expensive, inefficient, unreliable – June 20, 2017 »
- Letter: Embrace clean energy – Billings Gazette, June 18, 2017 »
- Letter: Trump climate decision ‘against medical advice’ – Billings Gazette, June 18, 2017 »
- Trump’s war on coal states: – Slate, June 15, 2017 »
- Letter: Radioactive oil waste disposal rules too lax – Billings Gazette, May 20, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >