AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
- Send an email letter to legislators by Aug. 25 urging them to adopt local, clean energy »
- Thank the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation for starting rule-making on landowner setbacks from oil and gas development »
- Tell the Montana congressional delegation to say NO to the destructive Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal by signing this petition »
Plains Speaking Blog
Right now the United States Department of Interior is conducting a nationwide programmatic review of the coal leasing program. There’s been a lot of conversation about ensuring that taxpayers receive fair market value from leasing royalties and reducing the climate impacts from coal emissions, but we believe much greater attention must be paid to the need to restore the wildlife habitat and agriculture lands that have been decimated by mining—as well as preventing taxpayers from having to foot the massive bill to clean up such lands.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Letter: Spending locally strengthens our economy – Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Aug. 23, 2016 »
- Eighth Wild & Scenic Film Festival set for Billings Sept. 9 »
- Letter: Cut carbon by reclaiming mined land – Billings Gazette, Aug. 14, 2016 »
- Montana considers tougher notification rules for oil and gas wells – Billings Gazette, Aug. 12, 2016 »
- Letter: Montana needs rules regulating radioactive waste – Helena Independent Record, Aug. 11, 2016 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >