AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
Quite a few folks associate Northern Plains Resource Council with the Tongue River Railroad. It’s a huge part of our history – Northern Plains has been around for 44 years and we fought the damned railroad for 37 of those years. To me, the story is interesting. It has a lot of characters – the heroes and heroines, many villains, cultural diversity, greed, trickery but in the end the good guys won. Many people ask us how we won and this is my version of that story.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Press release: Northern Plains says Pruitt wrong choice to lead EPA, Feb. 17, 2017 »
- Letter: Tell senators to stop methane waste – Billings Gazette, Feb. 17, 2017 »
- Letter: Uphold BLM rules on methane waste – Billings Gazette, Feb. 14, 2017 »
- Letter: Natural gas waste bad for health – Billings Gazette, Feb. 11, 2017 »
- Letter: PACE would help Montana businesses – Billings Gazette, Feb. 7, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >