AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
If he is to succeed as Secretary of the Interior, he will need to learn to represent the interests of all Americans, not just coal companies. As the top public custodian of our country’s natural resources and public lands, he will need to understand the value that Americans put on the fair and wise management of public lands and public resources.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Press release: Bakken rancher welcomes federal judge’s methane ruling – Jan. 17, 2017 »
- BLM report: Improve antiquated coal fees and oversight – Montana on the Ground, Jan. 11, 2017 »
- BLM report: Federal coal program needs reforming – Public News Service, Jan. 12, 2017 »
- Press release: Western citizens welcome key report highlighting problems and solutions for federal coal program – Jan. 11, 2017 »
- Lease denied for proposed Washington state coal terminal – KTVQ TV, Jan. 3, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >