AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
One of the worst bills of the Montana Legislature is on its way to the Governor’s desk, and I’m hoping you’ll join me in taking action to defeat it. I’ll keep this brief so that you have more time to call.
Montana’s Board of Environmental Review has some important jobs, so it’s shameful to see the progress of Senate Bill 337, sponsored by Senator Duane Ankney (R-Colstrip). SB 337 would eliminate the BER, a panel tasked with implementing the Clear Air Act in Montana. It’s tasked with oversight over water pollution control and wastewater treatment. The Board can hold hearings on radioactive materials and hazardous waste.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Press release: Final study released on port that would export Montana, Wyoming coal – April 28, 2017 »
- Kentucky coal company to build the state’s largest solar farm – Think Progress, April 19, 2017 »
- Montana tribes fight Keystone XL pipeline, revived by Trump – Rolling Stone, April 19, 2017 »
- Saving seed: Seed Bill reaches Montana governor’s desk – The Prairie Star, April 10, 2017 »
- Letter: Urge legislators to support PACE – Missoulian, April 9, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >