AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
- Tell the U.S. Army Corps to include impacts to Montana in final EIS for proposed Longview, Wash., coal export terminal. Deadline is Nov. 29, 2016 »
- Thank the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation for starting rule-making on landowner setbacks from oil and gas development »
- Tell the Montana congressional delegation to say NO to the destructive Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal by signing this petition »
Plains Speaking Blog
As a farm/ranch partner in southeastern Montana, I am increasingly concerned about the power of corporations over the ag industry. We all know that captive supply, monopolies, forward contracts, and corporate meatpacker mergers (huge monopolies!) have affected Montana ranchers, but now we are facing an even bigger threat to our livelihoods.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Defender of cattle ranching to keynote Northern Plains’ 45th Annual Meeting »
- Letter: Energy efficiency can meet needs – Billings Gazette, Oct. 18, 2016 »
- First ‘Soil Summit’ links healthy soil to higher profits – Public News Service, Oct. 14, 2016 »
- Urban Frontier House tours on Saturday – Billings Gazette – Oct. 14, 2016 »
- Guest opinion: Montana Legislature should enable PACE loans – Helena Independent Record, Oct. 2, 2016 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >