AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
Plains Speaking Blog
The U.S. Senate has been considering rolling back the Bureau of Land Management’s Methane and Waste Prevention Rule — key protections that limit the waste of minerals — through the use of the Congressional Review Act. Now, senators have only a few more days before the time limit is up to rescind these protections, enacted during the Obama Administration. So far, enough senators have had the common sense to resist doing away with these protections that save taxpayers money, create energy, and protect the air we breathe.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Press release: Ranchers tell USDA ‘no’ to mandatory animal ID – May 24, 2017 »
- Guest opinion: Do we need animal disease traceability tags in feeder calves? – Billings Gazette, May 12, 2017 »
- Press release: Rancher, group celebrate Senate’s failure to overturn methane waste rule – May 10, 2017 »
- New owner of Stillwater Mine must remain a good neighbor – Montana on the Ground blog, May 9, 2017 »
- Stillwater: Merger with South African company is complete – Billings Gazette, May 4, 2017 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >