AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
COAL: From mining to transporting to burning, coal is dirty energy.
Blasting at the Rosebud Mine in southeastern Montana
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
GOOD NEIGHBOR AGREEMENT: Protecting two important watersheds through cooperation between citizens and a major mining company
East Boulder Mine near Big Timber.
Plains Speaking Blog
I live 280 feet from the railroad track in Belgrade, Montana, and last Friday the Commissioners at the Port of Vancouver, Washington, missed a huge opportunity to protect me, my family, and others along the railroad when they extended the lease for the Tesoro Savage Oil Terminal.
In case you haven’t heard about the terminal, it would haul eight more mile-long oil trains, carrying 360,000 barrels of Bakken crude, through Montana’s rail communities every day.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Longview coal-export activist to speak at Montana Public Hearings, forums »
- Federal panel kills Tongue River Railroad – Billings Gazette, April 26, 2016 »
- Press release: Government says ‘no’ to Tongue River Railroad – April 26, 2016 »
- Billings Gazette opinion: Look at U.S. costs of free trade pacts – April 26, 2016 »
- Methane: The most important mystery about U.S. climate change policy – Washington Post, April 13, 2016 »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >