AGRICULTURE: Montana is a better place to live when family farms and ranches are thriving.
Helen & Gordy Waller at their farm near Circle.
LANDOWNER RIGHTS: Corporations should not be allowed to run roughshod over landowners
Mark Fix surveys his pastures and calving grounds in the Tongue River Valley near Miles City.
OIL & GAS: Click here to watch our video "Mixing Oil and Water." Air, water and rural communities are casualties of oil and gas development
- Comment on Department of the Interior federal coal leasing reforms by July 28 »
- Buy local! Take the Montana Local Food Challenge all of July »
- Tell the Montana congressional delegation to say NO to the destructive Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal by signing this petition »
- Local Foods = Local Prosperity. Complete our local food hub survey and win prizes! »
Plains Speaking Blog
Today, WE WON!! The Carbon County Commission adopted recommendations from the Planning Board mandating baseline water testing, setback distances from homes, and dust control for all oil and gas permits issued in Carbon County. Land, water, and agriculture are protected in Carbon County, thanks to our diligent grassroots effort!
The effort began nearly two and a half years ago, when the CEO of an oil and gas company from the East Coast held a press conference to announce plans to drill for oil and gas along the Beartooth Front. He proudly alluded to making our home more like the Bakken. The cameras flashed and his comments got a front page article in the Billings Gazette. Little did he know what or who he was up against.read more »
Northern Plains Resource Council offers a number of publications, including fact sheets, the Plains Truth newsletter, legislative bulletins, special reports and more.read more »
- Letter: Montana needs new oil, gas waste rules – July 24, 2016 »
- Letter: Climate changes bigger threat than terrorism – Billings Gazette, July 23, 2016 »
- Carbon County requires distance between oil wells, homes – Billings Gazette, July 7, 2016 »
- Press release: Carbon County approves countywide landowner protections from oil and gas development – July 18, 2016 »
- Rhythms by the River is July 23 with Wally McRae, Stephanie Davis – Billings Gazette »
Check Us Out on Facebook
The Northern Plains Resource Council works to protect Montana's working landscapes, educate on environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, defend our water quality, avert the effects of climate change... Read more >