Careers and Internships
Northern Plains Resource Council
The Facilities Manager position is a fun and diverse job that entails performing and/or coordinating all aspects of repair, maintenance, and improvement to the building and grounds of one of Billing most unique and interesting buildings. Working hours will be approximately 20 hours per week in a schedule to be determined on a monthly basis but is somewhat flexible. The schedule will include at least some hours worked during regular business hours.
The Facilities Manager will:
- Perform periodic tasks as directed (repainting interior and exterior surfaces, repairing broken furniture and equipment, repairing lines in the sprinkler system, setting up signage & conference rooms for special events, etc.).
- Complete all lawn care and gardening tasks, including the coordination of volunteers for authorized events.
- Complete all snow removal tasks including clearing entry ways, driveways, and parking lot as required to maintain safe access for staff and visitors.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with the grounds, structure, and equipment.
- Maintain the general cleanliness and health of the building by completing all required janitorial tasks.
- Work with outside contractors as needed for specific tasks related to the building’s operation, maintenance, or repair.
- Arrange for the purchase of needed supplies and ensure that receipts and invoices are given to the Comptroller in a timely manner.
- Ensure shared storage and common areas are kept neat and orderly with clear walkways and access to all records.
- Give tours of the building as directed.
The Facilities Manager must possess a variety of skills, including:
- At least an entry-level understanding of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems (and basic troubleshooting of each)
- Using computers, e-mail, and electronic equipment interfaces to the extent necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Taking initiative and proactively resolving problems with the repair and maintenance of the building
- Working independently as well as in a team.
Low-pressure boiler certification is a plus.
The Facilities Manager will need to:
- Be comfortable performing physically demanding tasks on an intermittent basis
- Have the ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently as well as ability to lift at least 50 pounds occasionally
- Be able to push or pull some equipment (e.g., large snow-blower, lawn mower, floor scrubber)
- Be willing and able to work outdoors in extreme summer and winter temperatures
- Be able to work on potentially uneven or slippery surfaces
- Be able to climb and work from a ladder from time to time.
The Facilities Manager will be compensated at a rate to be negotiated based on skills and experience, and will be eligible for annual salary increases and performance evaluations.
Benefits include paid sick leave and vacation and pension.
Steve Paulson at email@example.com or 406-248-1154.