Temporary Office Assistant
We are currently seeking a Temporary Office Assistant to supplement our staff during planned leave. The Temporary Office Assistant is an hourly, part-time position that will last from approximately April 27 to July 17, 2015. Compensation will be competitive and depend on experience.
The Temporary Office Assistant must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle various tasks efficiently in a busy office setting. He or she must maintain a positive and helpful attitude and must have excellent interpersonal skills – both in person and on the phone. He or she must be familiar with a variety of office equipment and comfortable with computers and computer software systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word Press and social media platforms. He or she must be willing and able to take direction and then work independently.
• answering phones, taking messages and ensuring the appropriate person receives the message in a timely manner;
• initially greeting visitors to the office and notifying the appropriate staff member of the visitor;
• notifying the Comptroller or Building Manager when office equipment requires maintenance or repair;
• assisting with acquisition of supplies for the office and special events;
• assisting with price/quality comparisons for purchases and obtaining supervisory approval as needed;
• typing meeting decisions from notes;
• assist with coordinating volunteer efforts for mailings as needed;
• assist with producing and sending membership renewal notices;
• sorting and producing mailing labels as requested by other staff for approved mailings;
• copying and mailing Board packets, affiliate, and Task Force packets;
• filing out monthly timesheets and other office paperwork, as appropriate;
• calling members to followup on membership status and update contact information;
• other tasks as assigned.