Montanans are seeing the effects of climate change firsthand as our state turns into a tinderbox:
- Wildfire season in MT is 2 1/2 months longer than it was in 1990
- Fires have cost Montana over $60 million already this year (not counting health impacts from smoke and the loss of cattle.)
- 19 Counties in Eastern MT were in emergency drought conditions by June this year.
- Farmers and Ranchers are struggling – 50% of their wheat crop this year has been declared poor to very poor.
Through Renewable energy, American ingenuity, and Montanans working together, we can turn the tides:
- Wind from Judith Gap is the cheapest power that Northwestern Energy supplies us with.
- Solar power is increasingly accessible for individuals through innovative financing tools and for communities through innovative co-op projects.
- New building techniques and materials make our homes and public buildings use less energy
We can build a healthier, more secure future by leading the world in clean energy, and create jobs while doing it.
Be part of the Montana solution – Join us!